As the risk of COVID-19 infection in the community has decreased, the AHPPC has advocated a “step-back” to Level 2 dental restrictions on 28 of September 2020 for Dentistry.
Some non-urgent dental treatment can now be provided, enabling the resumption of many routine dental procedures. However, adherence to additional infection control precautions (including patient screening, booking schedules, waiting room management, use of hand-washing and mouthwash) should be continued during Level 2 restrictions.
Under Level 2 restrictions, non-urgent dental treatment should still be deferred for patients with clinical symptoms suggestive of COVID-19.
To comply with the easing the COVID – 19 restrictions to Level 2, Braceless Choice will be reopening for face to face appointments for both new and existing patients from 28th of September 2020, during selected days and times.
For those existing patients who are uncomfortable to have a face to face appointment, we will offer Zoom (technology) sessions for a limited time only.
To ensure that we fully comply with COVID-19 restrictions we kept changes made in previous period of Leve 2 restrictions. These changes included the practice’s physical environment, introduced additional infection control precautions, developed new patient guidelines and all practitioners & dental personnel will continue wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) including face shields, during the consultation. Upon arrival at the practice, all patients and their parents will have their temperature taken on their forehead using a laser thermometer.
Braceless Choice is asking all patients, visitors or staff to contact us immediately on (03) 9870 1659 to reschedule your appointment if they –
- feel unwell
- are experiencing possible Coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms:
- Breathing difficulties such as breathlessness
- Sore throat
- Fatigue or tiredness
- Loss of smell and/or taste
- have been in contact with confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 within the last 14 days
- have travelled overseas within the last 14 days.
In order to provide you with the best care for your child’s dental treatment and to fully comply with the COVID-19 restrictions, we are asking all patients to adhere to the changes outlined below:
Prior to arrival
- A day before your appointment, our receptionist will call to confirm the appointment and ask a number of screening questions of your child and accompanying parent. These questions are regarding your health and that of your child, such as do you feel unwell, been in contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
If either the parent or the child answers YES to any of these questions, we will ask to reschedule your appointment for at least 14 days.
- Only a child / children who are receiving treatment will be seen and should be accompanied by ONE parent
- Patients CAN NOT ENTER the waiting room if a previous patient is still in the practice. You may need to wait in your car and call our practice prior to your arrival. Our receptionist will advise if the waiting room is available.
- If patients are waiting in their cars, any pre-treatment questionnaires can be conducted over the phone
- Upon arrival to our premises ensure that all adults and any children over the age of 12 y o MUST wear the face mask at all times
- At arrival at reception, the child and accompanying parent will have their temperature taken on their foreheads using a laser thermometer and be asked to use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser and rub their hands for 20 seconds following our instructions
- Our receptionist will ask screening questions, such as do you feel unwell, have been in contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days, prior seeing a Practitioner. If either the parent or the child answers YES to any of these questions, we will ask to reschedule your appointment for at least 14 days
In the surgery
- All Practitioners and dental personnel will be wearing personal protective equipment (PPE), including face shields, during the consultatio
- All adults and any children over the age of 12 y o MUST wear the face mask at all times
- All patients aged 6+ years will need to rinse their mouth for 1 minute, with a suitable antimicrobial solution before treatment can commence
- All surfaces will be disinfected after each patient in accordance with the prescribed infection control guidelines
It is important to note that Braceless Choice only delivers orthodontic treatment with removable appliances and is delaying any elective dental procedures where there is a greater likelihood of aerosol generation.